Dear Secret Hair Studio Family,
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected us all in one way or another. It is important to remember we’re all in this together so please continue to be kind to one another. We have come so far this past year and we are hopefully that w are close to putting the most challenging times behind us.
Our industry is rapidly changing, and we are adapting to what that will look like. We wanted to share with you safety procedures we have developed. These may need to be amended due to pending guidelines from state officials but should give you a better idea of the new salon environment.
When booking an appointment understand appointments are taking a lot longer due to sanitation. Please realize we can't rush or squeeze people in. Safety is our number one priority. This also means that the cancellation policy is now back. Please be respectful and cancel at least 24-48 hours in advance to allow for the opportunity of other clients. If you can't get a priority spot please let us know if you would like to be added to our ongoing cancellation list.
· Upon arrival, please wait outside in our waiting area outside or in your vehicle . Please text (203) 518-4702 to let us know your arrival. It is not the salon phone number. We will not be able to pick up if you call this line. We will contact you when your stylist is ready for your service. It may take longer than usual depending on sanitation. Thank you for your understanding.
· We will no longer be taking temperature as you enter the studio. We ask you to use hand sanitizer and/or wash your hands when entering the studio. Your styist will do the same.
· If you’ve been sick within the last 10 days before your appointment, please reschedule in a timely manner.
If you have a pending COVID test and don't have the results, please, don't put us at risk. We will reschedule you as soon as we can.
· Be assured our team will be cleaning and sanitizing consistently to assure your safety as well as ours. Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your appointment. We want to accommodate everyone as safely and efficiently as possible.
Outdoor waiting area is back when the weather can accommodate. If you are getting dropped of please be aware there may not be a waiting area. Due to the guidelines the waiting room inside is still not available.
· Everyone will always be required to wear a mask during the entire service. Please make sure it’s secured behind the ear, and not one that is secured behind your head. If you arrive to your appointment without a mask, you will not be allowed to receive services. We have some on hand for emergencies. You may want to have a disposable one in case any color during color appointments happen to stain the mask or embrace the new norm and wear your favorite hair salon one!
· Magazines, beverage service and snacks will no longer be provided at this time. We love the small details, but it is just not possible at this moment.
· Remember social distancing is required. Please be aware of other people while receiving services.
· Please be aware of your surroundings and don’t be afraid to ask us for any help. Remember we are in this together.
You may not see everyone's face at the moment, but we are doing this for the safety and well being of our staff and clients. This also means we are working twice as hard so please be patient.
Products can also be purchased however, mention to your stylist what we can grab you so you know the bottles are sanitized and handled with love. Shopping local is so important to our small business and we appreciate every single purchase you make.
Lastly, but most important, your stylist and support staff have been working hard through these last months. They've been following new education videos, making tutorials and all became Barbicide & COVID-19 Safety certified. We know that safety is number one in this moment. Which is why we want to ensure you we are taking drastic matters for all our clientele to feel safe returning back to our home again.
These policies may be subject to change due to guidelines. We watch every day to see possible updates within our state, county, and local authorities.
Updated May 7, 2021
We look forward to seeing you all real soon! Please be safe, healthy and remain hopeful for a better tomorrow!