Dear Secret Hair Studio Family,
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected us all in one way or another. It is important to remember we’re all in this together so please continue to be kind to one another. Words can’t describe the gratitude we feel towards all of those on the front lines who are working around the clock for our safety and well being. We will continue to keep them in our thoughts and prayers. As we continue to move forward, we’re preparing to enter a new normal.
WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS
Our industry is rapidly changing, and we are adapting to what that will look like. We wanted to share with you safety procedures we have developed. These may need to be amended due to pending guidelines from state officials but should give you a better idea of the new salon environment.
When booking an appointment understand appointments are taking a lot longer due to sanitation. Please realize we can't rush or squeeze people in. Safety is our number one priority. This also means that the cancellation policy is now back. These appointments are taking longer spots and we have people that have been waiting months to get in. Please be respectful and cancel at least 24-48 hours in advance to allow for the opportunity of other clients.
We missed you; we sure have, however no hugging at the moment until it's safe again.
· Upon arrival, please wait outside on our waiting area outside or in your vehicle . Please text the number outside to let us know your arrival. It is not the salon phone number. We will contact you when your stylist is ready for your service.
· We will take your temperature as you enter the studio. Anyone with an elevated temperature of 100.4 and up will not be allowed to enter the salon.
· If you’ve been sick within the last 10 days before your appointment, please reschedule in a timely manner.
If you have a pending COVID test and don't have the results, please, don't put us at risk. We will reschedule you as soon as we can.
Please come in ONLY with what is needed. We have limited space for bags and coats at the moment.
· Hand washing is required before your services. Please use the restroom and wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. Your stylist will do the same.
· Be assured our team will be sanitizing consistently to assure your safety as well as ours. There will be a 10-minute time frame between each appointment to allow for proper sanitation. Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your appointment. We will only be servicing one client per stylist. Please remember we have months of appointments to make up and want to accommodate everyone as safely and efficiently as possible.
· Come to your appointment alone. Only the person receiving services will be allowed in the studio. We apologize for any inconvenience.
We will have a waiting area outside for the time being. Enjoy the nice weather in the North East during this season and let's embrace the change we are dealt with. Please remember social distance still needs to happen.
· Everyone will always be required to wear a mask during the entire service. Please make sure it’s secured behind the ear, and not one that is secured behind your head. If you arrive to your appointment without a mask, you will not be allowed to receive services. You may want to have a disposable one in case any color during color appointments happen to stain the mask.
· Magazines, beverage service and snacks will no longer be provided at this time. We love the small details, but it is just not possible at this moment.
· Remember social distancing is required. Please be aware of other people while receiving services.
· You’ll notice signs, arrows and directions to follow in the studio. Please be aware of your surroundings and don’t be afraid to ask us for any help. Remember we are in this together.
Stylist will ring you out to avoid minimum contact with multiple people and we need to stay within guidelines of 50% occupancy. You may not see everyone's face at the moment, but we are doing this for the safety and well being of our staff and clients. This also means we are working twice as hard so please be patient.
Products can also be purchased however, mention to your stylist what we can grab you so you know the bottles are sanitized and handled with love. Shopping local is so important to our small business and we appreciate every single purchase you make.
Lastly, but most important, your stylist and support staff have been working hard through these last months. They've been following new education videos, making tutorials and all became Barbicide & COVID-19 Safety certified. We know that safety is number one in this moment. Which is why we want to ensure you we are taking drastic matters for all our clientele to feel safe returning back to our home again.
These policies may be subject to change due to guidelines. We watch every day to see possible updates within our state, county, and local authorities.
Updated September 30, 2020
We look forward to seeing you all real soon! Please be safe, healthy and remain hopeful for a better tomorrow!